When you send a letter or parcel, there’s the worry it won’t find its way to the person intended – especially when posting items abroad. Whilst many people may be familiar with sending parcels around the UK, sending letters and packages internationally can be complicated.
You’ve got to know what can and can’t be sent to certain countries around the world, for instance. Countries like Australia, the USA, South Africa and India have notoriously strict regulations governing what can be sent by mail. But that doesn’t mean sending parcels to these countries, or anywhere else in the world, should be stressful. At Post and Packing, we’ll minimise the hassle.
When sending international parcels, your top priority should be to clearly state what’s inside. Being transparent about the contents ensures Post and Packing can help get your parcel from A to B without a hitch. The last thing you want is to send an illegal product or incur duty charges. With us, you can enjoy a stress-free delivery as we’ll handle your courier requirements.
What if I want to send a fragile parcel abroad?
Your parcel could be travelling thousands of miles to reach its intended destination. You want it to arrive safely, without damage. You can clearly label your parcel as fragile, but should also take some time when packaging. Any delicate products should be tightly wrapped and boxed to prevent breakages.
Good packing can take up valuable time for an individual or business. With extensive experience of sending parcels internationally, Post and Packing will help you speed up the process by packaging products to excellent standards.
Top tips for sending international parcels
If you’re planning to send mail or parcels abroad, follow our tips to ensure your post arrives safely:
1. Write the full address clearly and the destination country in capitals
2. Include your UK return address in the event your mail can’t be delivered – otherwise it’ll become lost in transit
3. Avoid posting cash – a personal cheque or postal order is a much safer option if you need to send money
4. Ensure you pay the right fee for sending mail to that country to prevent any delays in delivery
5. Find out any mail restrictions imposed by the destination country to avoid sending illegal mail
6. When sending mail to countries outside of the EU, you must complete a customs declaration form
7. Keep your mail safe during the transit by packaging it securely
Tips to ensure your post arrives safely
Why use Post and Packing to post items abroad?
Using Post and Packing for your global posting needs gives you peace of mind, whether you’re a business owner or individual. Our prices are competitive and our team of experts handles every parcel with care. With years of experience sending post internationally, we’ll be able to help you with queries or requests. Wherever the destination, ensure your parcels arrive safely with Post and Packing. We make the world feel that bit smaller with efficient postal services.
For more information on our courier services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Give us a call now on 0845 4989622 or visit your local branch. You can also submit an online enquiry and we’ll get back to you quickly to discuss your delivery.